Estimating the through life costs for complex systems is not easy. Even ignoring changes in maintenance, service and ‘straight forward’ technology refreshes, few complex
systems are not required to change to meet evolving business and deployment challenges. How do you value an ability to react to changes - chages in technology, processes, organisation, and challenges?
We make use of a lightweight options oriented analysis methodology (LOOM) that enables organisations to value pre-emptive investment, understand the role of system agilitity in assessing cost-benefits and establish the options that a particular investment make available.
Our options oriented analysis methodology is
- lightweight, fast and and be self supported when delivered;
- applicable to a wide range of investment and decision support processes, including ‘small’ projects;
- can be understood and exploited by stakeholders without specialised mathematical and analytic training;
- can be integrated into existing investment review and planning processes as it does not require significant investment in new processes or modelling technologies;
- provides an integration platform that exposes dependencies and agility requirements across programmes of procurement rather than confining these to single investments.
The methodology can be applied to all forms of procurement where system and service agility must be understood and valued in order to plan and integrate investment decisions.